My Tribute to Michael Jackson

Posted by : Wilfred Lopez | Thursday, July 9, 2009 | Published in

I was a bit shocked when a friend of mine told me that Michael Jackson is dead. The next question I ask him is the cause of death and he told me "Cardiac Arrest" I think. I then realized that in these world there are no such thing as permanent. The world was in a state of sadness and grieves for his death, he had contributed much to the music industry His music has inspired many and even opened up awareness on the current situation of the world. His music which includes campaign for peace and environment in any way had moved many to take parts their social responsibility and makes its share in the making of history.

My father once told me that the only thing that you can leave in this world that cannot be forgotten is the legacy. Legacy as a person that took your share in joining and sympathizing those who are oppressed and marginalized and not just living for the sake of your own satisfaction and fulfilment. Some would not even bother or have an interest what really happens in there community, some are even exploiting others for their own good, some are making riches among the rags, those are the realities that needs to be addressed. We must not put more insults into their injuries. As we remember and pay our tribute to the King of Pop we must also bear in Mind that even though he is now dead his struggle continues.


(0) Comments